Saturday, September 24, 2011

VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)

I love VMware, VMware player to be specific, not only because it is free, but also because it gives me the ability to use different operating systems on the same computer, without bothering which boot manager to use, or worse, whether any of my operating system on a partition get corrupted.

But nothing is perfect, once I got the error of "VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)", when restoring my suspended Windows XP (I love XP! Why using the heavier and full of useless tasks 7? And don't even bother the coming Windows 8!).
Getting panic, with great fear of having lost all of my precious data in it, I started finding to rescue solution. Without much difficulty, I found it.

It's nothing of a rocket science: just do a disk check (see VWMare's help page).

Anybody familiar with command window, type "chkdsk c: /r" and hit the return key. "c" is the drive where the image file of VMWare is located. Wait until it finish, play the same image gain, there it goes!

Below is part of the original message.
VMware Player unrecoverable error: (vmx)
Exception 0xc0000006 (disk error while paging) has occurred.
A log file is available in "C:\VMWare\MB3CORE\vmware.log". A core file is available in "C:\VMWare\MB3CORE\vmware-vmx-3404.dmp". Please request support and include the contents of the log file and core file.
To collect data to submit to VMware support, run "vm-support".
We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment